Forum OpenACS Q&A: Marketing material for OpenACS

Collapse
Posted by Venkatesh Goteti on
Okay, I hope I am not being daft here.

For starters, I am aware of discussions and plans being on cards in this direction, but is anyone working on developing *printable* marketing material about OpenACS and dotLRN for the near future? If there is, what is the status and progress on this? As in are there any identified material that have been thought out for immediate usage?

I am not at all going down the road of 'what marketing is,' on this thread, for there have been many discussions about these all long. All, I am proposing is about making 'simple' 'presentable' promotional material about OpenACS that can be used at any meetings and conferences immediately, as of now, today, tomorrow and next week.

If there are plans, and work is on, are any companies interested having printed material, and is there enough interest to bulk order some stuff. Is someone onto it as of now?

I believe it is right that we have and continue to have plans and big-picture discussions on marketing OpenACS, but for now, we might as well have some hand-out/brochure/display for the moment.

Thoughts? Ideas? Proposals? Links to progress on this direction that I may be unaware of?

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Based on the marketing materials you made for S&R, there has been some discussion going. So far nothing tangible, though the need has been acknowledged.
Collapse
Posted by Venkatesh Goteti on
Thats cool Malte. In that case, I can follow up with you guys on any stuff, you are finalising which we could incorporate as standard lingo in our material, and if there is some good material in time. Is there any discussion forurm where these conversations are happening as of now?

We could surely collaborate with finalising usable material for all of us who are going to Leartec and similar conferences in the coming months. Which also reminds me to ask, does anyone here have plans for Learntec? Are OCT members planning to co-ordinate any efforts to showcase OpenACS/dotLRN at Learntec? Any companies individuals looking at it?

Collapse
Posted by Volodja Vorobey on
A bit different approach on the same topic -

It would be interesting to here from developers working with OACS and .LRN how they have convinced their organizations to opt for these systems? How did you explained to your boss "why OACS"? What advantages of the toolkits you stressed upon?

It should help to move discussion ahead [At least to define market messages putting it in marketing speak].

Happy New Year!