Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Release Dates: for: 3.2.4 and: 4.0.0

Collapse
Posted by Scott Mc Williams on
Hey all...well, as far as projects upcoming, I have a personal site I webmaster that I'm planning on moving to OpenACS around 3.2.4. It is currently at www.sv2s.com as a static site, but will greatly benefit from the community aspect of OpenACS. I have a test site going with an older implementation at 209.235.197.84 . There are no graphics, but the final site will have icons and images galore (fast loading, of course).
The site is for vintage VW bus enthusiasts. We already have a fairly large user base, so this will rock their world. They have no idea what's coming! heheh
I'd love to have eCommerce working at close to full power. I have talked to a number of vendors and I would like to use the eCommerce to show a listing of every part available for the VW bus from 1949-1967 and if it is a part that is still available, the user would be able to order it through the site from one of our vendor/sponsors.
In addition to the standard ACS stuff, we plan on having a number of searchable database tables with year-to-year changes, color charts, interior plans, etc...

I'll post it when we're closer to reality!

Scott