Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Remaining work for 5.0.0 release

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Based on the last OCT discussion, I think we are ready to release 5.0 RC1. I tidied up the (still incomplete) upgrade instructions. In addition to upgrade code and docs being very preliminary, I still haven't dealt with all of the doc bugs and errata. Anyway, I went to build the RC, following these instructions, and got:
[joela@samoyed joela]$ cd /var/tmp
[joela@samoyed tmp]$ cvs -d /cvsroot checkout -r oacs-5-0 openacs-4
cvs checkout: in directory openacs-4:
cvs [checkout aborted]: *PANIC* administration files missing
[joela@samoyed tmp]$
Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
Checkout worked for me (although there were some files owned
by the web group rather than the cvs group which I fixed).
See if it works now.
Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
That fixed the OpenACS cvs error, so I went ahead and made the tarball. I've posted it on the front page in addition to beta 4; once I test it and get some feedback, i'll take down Beta 4.

I hit this error for dotlrn, so I didn't make dotLRN 2 RC1:

[joela@samoyed dotlrn-packages]$ cvs -d /dotlrn-cvsroot checkout -r dotlrn-2-0 dotlrn-all
cvs checkout: Updating bboard-portlet
cvs checkout: failed to create lock directory for `/dotlrn-cvsroot/bboard-portlet' (/dotlrn-cvsroot/bboard-portlet/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs checkout: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/dotlrn-cvsroot/bboard-portlet'
cvs [checkout aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Does the OpenACS core team have a policy on upgrades with release candidates? If there was a policy of supporting upgrades to and from release candidates, that might encourage more people to try the release candidates.