Forum OpenACS Q&A: payflowpro module

Collapse
Posted by Richard Druce on
Hi,

I have installed the payflowpro package with a 0acs4.6.3 and postgres 7.2.3. Whenever I purchase something on my site, it takes me to the 'Sorry there has been an error processing your credit card please email the site administrator .. etc'. The order status remains confirmed and in the payflowpro transaction log, it says that it cannot find the certs file and that the working directory is /usr. I am pretty sure my parameters (username, password etc) are correct because I can run the /verisign/test.sh function ok. I have had very little experience with tclsh and was wandering if anyone had experienced this problem before or if anyone had any hints on how to debug this problem.

cheers,
Richard

Collapse
2: Re: payflowpro module (response to 1)
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
I haven't seen this error before, but my guess is that the problem lies in the installation of the Payflow Pro software.  It uses OpenSSL for authentication, so it has to be able to find that, and then OpenSSL needs to be able to find your secure certificate.  So there are several places where this could go wrong.

Unfortunately it has been a long time since I last installed this and the current clients I have using Verisign are former Cybercash clients so we are still using the old Cybercash code (works just fine, but probably would not work for a new Verisign account).  So I don't have any examples of how to set it up correctly.

Hopefully someone who has used it recently will jump in here.  However, you should know that in the upcoming release of OpenACS we've deprecated our PayflowPro support, due to the issues discussed in this thread:

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=93102

If you are using a reasonably current Linux distro you will have the same problems once you do get things set up right, so you might want to think about using Authorize.net instead anyway.  If you are using some other OS then we will all be waiting to hear whether it works ok for you or not - that was not known at the time we deprecated it.

Collapse
3: Re: payflowpro module (response to 1)
Posted by Brad Duell on
I'm guessing that your CERTPATH in the verisign.c file which is compiled when you "make" the verisign-module is not set correctly.

If your verisign SDK is (for example) located in /usr/local then your CERTPATH in verisign.c would read:

*CERTPATH    = "PFPRO_CERT_PATH=/usr/local/verisign/payflowpro/linux/certs";

The reason test.sh is working is because this var (and some others) are set up inside that script.

Feel free to ICQ me via 286871023 and I can help you set this up.

Janine's right, however, that Authorize.net is the better way to go (if you don't have any contract binding you to your merchant account/VeriSign).

Collapse
4: Re: payflowpro module (response to 2)
Posted by Richard Druce on
Thanks for your prompt reply,

I am using redhat 9, so it looks like I should consider changing to Authorize.net. My only question  is whether it is available in Australia. All the resellers are based in the States so I am not sure if I can open a merchant account or a gateway account without a U.S bank account. I checked their website and emailed them but have received no reply. Any advice would be welcome.

cheers,
Richard