Forum OpenACS Development: Re: default, site and blank master templates

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Malte,

It should've gone in acs-subsite/lib/, but we didn't have /lib back then.

I put it in the acs-subsite package, because it's a template for acs-subsite ... just like a package-specific master template typically goes in the package directory, not in www. I believe there was even some discussion about it somewhere.

I agree on the desire for a standard way to store these, with the caveat that I'm thinking you should be able to install a "skin" package, which would include an acs-subsite master template, images, etc.

I don't think it's realistic for a default install to come with all the skins preinstalled.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
From a developers perspective I agree it makes sense to put the templates into /packages/acs-subsite/lib. But I still would put them unter /lib/templates or /templates, as this is a more obvious place for the occasional developer to look into. Any package that starts with acs- and looks like core is off limits to the occasional person installing the system (I'd assume) as this is a core package and you don't fuzz with core packages (at least, that's how I behave e.g. with PHP Horde).

OTOH, it is now documented, so if someone searches for the Community Template, this thread can be found ;).