Forum OpenACS Development: contrib-survey breaks .LRN due to name conflict, what to do ?

The survey system at the moment breaks .LRN if installed on top of the .LRN survey installation. At the moment noone is willing to volunteer for double checking the upgrade scripts from survey-0.2d, make sure no functionality has been lost, add internationalization to it and amend the portlet to do whatever it does at the moment.

Therefore, if someone wants to use the new survey system, he/she can only do it by either renaming the survey from contrib or uninstall survey first (along with it's portal).

As this might be confusing to people, I'm wondering what should be the best way to approach this. Change the name in the repository to "malte-survey" or "complex-survey" or "south-beach-survey"? Or leave this thread here as an encouragement to people, not to install survey by default (e.g. amend install.xml), but use the contrib version.

I know this situation is not a good one and the best solution would be if someone volunteered or funded the work that needs to be done (see above). But that's where we are at the moment and I see enough incentives for the contrib survey to be used instead of the normal one, so people would like to install it.