Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: New Features for Bug Tracker

Collapse
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
The new related files field is great, but it's only available after the first ticket submission. Can it be available in the first submission, so submitters can attach files?

A merge with openacs.org bt would be nice too, so we can finally have a full-text search in bug tracker.

Also, the fix for version field should be optional via parameter in case you want a support ticket system and not a bug tracker.

There's also a missing message key in workflow for the comments:

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'workflow.lt_creation_date_pretty_'

Collapse
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
Regarding the bt search, I'd like to suggest the results be returned in list builder, so they can be filtered further, and the important fields viewed right away. I don't know if this is possible with tsearch2, but a replacement wildcard query in the list template would do the trick, afaik.

Currently, the openacs.org bt uses the search package and tsearch2 but does not narrow the search to the bt instance specified in p_id. It also doesn't provide meaningful descriptions.

A more involved enhancement would be to add text and/or drop down filters to each column of a list template. This would be an excellent addition to list builder in general. Currently searching for arbitrary data inside a list template is very difficult unless your data matches one of the filters.

What do people think? I'd like to try something like this, but I'd need some assistance from a developer with a bit more experience and commit rights.