Forum OpenACS Q&A: Press module working?

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Is the press module working?

Whenever I try to add an item, i get to the preview page, hit confirm, and it goes to add-2.tcl which says:

Redirection
Page has moved here.

which points right back to add-2.tcl

I examined add-2.tcl and didn't see anything that would cause this.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
OK so I went back and actually looked at the tcl files. Here is what I found.

in add-2.tcl and edit-2.tcl the last line is:

ns_returnredirect "" which is suppoed to cause the /press/admin/index.tcl to load. I modified both files to read

ns_returnredirect "/press/admin/index.tcl" and it still cam up the same. It looks like its not taking the URL from the parameter for that procedure.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
If anyone read this, I figured out that this is a bug in Opera for Windows 4.01 that seems to be causing this. Netsacpe 4.08 works fine.

I don't have IE to test from this computer, but I suspect it works. I guess this is the price of using an alternative browser.

Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
An interesting bug. Can you test redirect more thoroughly with Opera to find out what the problem might be?
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I just got Opera 4.02 and the problem is a little better. With version 4.01 it would not redirect at all. No matter what was specified as the argument to ns_redirectreturn.

Now it works if you specify a URL. I tried an absolute URL:

ns_returnredirect "http://www.thedesignexperience.org/press/admin/"

I also tried

ns_returnredirect "." and that brings me to the index page in the current directory

and

ns_returnredirect "/" which brings me to the home page.

I am not sure why Opera does not interpolate the directory name from the current page.

I created redirect.tcl which contains this:

ns_returnredirect ""

Here is what AOLserver sends to Opera when I use "" for the redirect:

Page has moved <#a href=''>here<#/a>

I tested using LYNX and I got this message:

Alert!: Got redirection with no location header.