Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Announcement: .LRN Spring Meeting in Heidelberg (2004)

Hi Carl, first of all, excellent news. Really looking forward to join you and hopefully I got time to help you prepare. Things that come into my mind:
  • We need to have a demo session of .LRN in German (if you think about getting champions from ASG (Austria, Swiss, Germany) region).
  • It would be great to talk about data interchangeability (e.g. SCORM) and assessment system.
  • How about a feedback form, asking users about their most important needs at the beginning and reask at the end, how OpenACS fared to fullfill their needs.
  • If you are aiming for a bigger crowd, we should distribute the announcement across the GI (Gesellschaft für Informatik) lists (Michael should now, I can help as well). All parties with an interest in .LRN should invite their educational contacts.
  • We might also channel this also through a press release. There are quite some educational magazines out there and maybe we can even make it into some events calendars. Best to work with the press department of the university here, but I assume some of us have also press contacts which could be useful.
  • How about a meet and greet evening activity where we would open the chance for people with similar interests to meet up (e.g. by going through their feedback forms). You already got the rooms, but I would not focus them on "technical" projects. I'd assume a session on "how do I convince my IT department" would also be of quite some interest.
  • I'm not sure a bootcamp of one day will yield many results, but maybe we could have a session (two or three hours) on coding standards with examples.
One year after Copenhagen we have a released, international version of .LRN with a lot of new features. This Meeting can be really interesting 😊.