Forum OpenACS Q&A: fs_url items - how are they created/deleted?

Hi Everybody,

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum before. Lately I am having a strange problem. While using file-storage, some folders won't get deleted, even if they're empty. On some investigation, afterclicking the 'folder permissions' in file-storage, I find some mysterious fileslisted as type 'fs_url'. They somehow are not visible. I don't know how to delete them either.

Try as I might, I cannot create the 'fs_url' type objects. All I am succeeding in creating are the 'content_folder' and 'content_item' types. Even for creatingnew urls, 'content_item' is being used. I tried copying, moving files etc sothat I might end up with some 'residual' files, which are of type 'fs_url'. No luck.

I see that these files/folders are entered in fs_simple_objects, and their name and description are availabe in the table. But, I don't know how they are being entered there. Please help.

Thanks,
Vamsee.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I don't know that much about file storage, but perhaps since nobody has replied here, you should report it as a bug in the bug-tracker.