Forum OpenACS Development: Re: ad_form for new and edit requests

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

A little OT: the display and usage of CR + templates, etc. is already there all time.  What I just did was to create for myself some procs that I can use to make it easy for me.  So there is nothing new in bcms or bcms-ui-base, its just something more simplified.  This is the same fact that making form was already there prior to ad_form.

Going back to the topic.  I will have to agree what Dave has said several post above.  If ad_form default behaviour is something can't handle then use the form builder.  I do this practice for 2 things:

- I just need a simple form, normally for making none acs objects.  Just a form.  I use the form builder because I want it to use the global form template.  Example are like a search form.  It just needs inputs, it does not create, edit, etc. any object.

- The form processing is very different from ad_form.

I think ad_form should be used 90% of the time.  And that advance form handling should be in the form builder.  I think the main problem is that we would like ad_form to handle 100% of form handling processing.  I think that is possible, but I would prefer that it should be used in the normal way of handling single objects.  Other than that the developer should use the lower layer implementation which is the form builder.