Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: RFC: Evaluation System for .LRN

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
I will be happy to help you out with testing and i18n.

Also, I have now a better understanding of your evaluation system aswell. First I thought of something like an extended survey tool that serves as an assessment tool.

One important thought I had on your evaluation system was the possibility to assign tasks to groups rather than single students. Thus a bunch of students can form a group that works on the tasks given by the professor.

Why this feature you may ask:

When a professor simply wants to improve the interaction between him and the students on the one hand and his own course on the other without thinking of grading in first hand he could offer a kind of a competition between groups of his students who participate. The is a deadline for submission the students have to stick with. The professor will score the replies and students can see the ranking of their group for this competition. This has a great fun and motivation factor.

We have something similar here at the university written in php and the course where this tool is used is one of the best visited because students identify themselves more with the subject and there exists a play element in the course.

The professor can use the replies of the groups to improve his course by focusing on those subjects the groups had most problem with.

Greetings,
Nima