Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: trackack cuases weblogger to crash

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
It looks like you have trackback installed more than once:

Request Error
Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSINT, "Query returned more than one row.")

SQL:
    select package_id from apm_packages where package_key = 'trackback'

and the code in weblogger expects trackback to be installed only once.

If that's the problem, one possible fix would be to remove extra installations of trackback.
Another, which would be a nice thing to do in the toolkit, would be to make the apm functions that work on singletons produce non-crashing results when packages are installed more than once.

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Joel.

...make the apm functions that work on singletons produce non-crashing results when packages are installed more than once. this would make life a lotter easier.

I tried your suggestion and deleted the extra trackback module, but alas, no diference. I removed all blogger insatnces also , restarted the system, but still it doesn't work. Any thoughts what could be te problem? could it be that some snippet of code remaisn behind , even after unmounting and deleting? I know it's not windblows, but still 😉

Maybe it it's an idea to make trackback optional. From an end user point of view it would create a less confusing set up. Trackback may be nice for experts, but to convicne Joe user to use a blogger service, the less techno tricks, the easier the sell.

Thanks
Ben

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
I changed trackback to be a singleton. That means there can only be one instance.

I think it might still break if you mount that single instance more than once, though.

/Lars