Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS 5.1 status report

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
We have six non-closed bugs preventing us from going to Alpha. For the open bugs:
  • #1559. If this code isn't committed in its entirety today (1 March 2004), I'd like to bump it to OpenACS 5.2.
  • #1380. all anonymous plpgsql functions cause errors. Is this really a priority 1 blocking bug?
  • #1310. ad_html_security_check does not allow HREF in an A tag in default install. Is this really a priority 1 blocking bug?
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
1310 is a real bug. HTML and enhanced text textareas are useless. This is inavlid: <a href="http://example.com"> if that bug is not fixed.
Collapse
The point of a priority 1 bug is that it must be fixed immediately, possibly justifying a hot fix or dot release all by itself, because:
1) it's a sev 1 bug (security, crashing, data loss) that is actually getting triggered a lot on a live site
2) it's blocking other people's work

I agree that that's a bug that should be fixed before we launch 5.1 but must it be fixed before we take off the code freeze and branch and go alpha?

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
The second two should not block an alpha release.
Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
I submitted #1380 and agree that it shouldn't block anything.
Collapse
Okay, I demoted those to Priority 2.  Unless there are objections, I'm going to declare 5.1 feature-complete and branch core Wednesday morning CET, 3 March 2004, about 10 days after the original target.  This means that Timo's work on TIPs 42-44 will probably be in 5.2, not 5.1.  So the next 24 hours is a good time to fix core bugs, so that they will get in both HEAD and 5.1.  It's also a good time to check resolved bugs and close them.  There are currntly 189 non-closed core bugs:
https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/core?filter.orderby=priority
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
#1310 has been fixed for a long time. I've verified and resolved in the bug-tracker.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
1288 appears to be the only non-closed bug in your list of six, and it's marked "resolved" - is there any reason it can't be closed?