Forum OpenACS Q&A: anyworking on the following packages?

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

Anyone is working on the following packages?

- news
- bookmarks
- general comments on contrib

I might we working on the 3 packages soon for a project.  I just would like to avoid duplicate work if possible.  In the general if the project pushes through.  The big work is internationalization, porting to CR or polishing to use CR more effectively.  Use of form builder, list builder and use XHTML if possible.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Finally someone works again on Bookmarks. Great news. Looking forward to your code.
Collapse
Posted by Windell Dubois on
As long as we're asking about people working on packages, is anyone working on the glossary package?  I stopped using it since it still had some bugs in it, and I cant gather enough time to look into fixing them.  Instead, Ive started working on a Notes-based Term-go-Live Glossary, its rather basic, and it could use some programming and query upgrading, but it gets the job done.  Maybe I'll put it in Contrib.  Anyways, despite its issues, I still believe Glossary its a package worth having.
I felt it was best that the question was made public, just in case other people feel the same way.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
The glossary package isn't very well written ... but it would be nice to have one.

Jun - Dave was working on contrib/general-comments and kind of reached a stopping place where the one of the next steps would be to fix some glaring issues with attachments.

Since you, dave and I are sorta working on CR things and since the attachments issues center around CR things maybe we should work on figuring out what needs to be done to straighten this out?  IIRC it involves making attachments use the CR directly rather than build on file-storage.

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Don,

I will be working with Dave on contrib/GC.  Although I think we will not be touching the attachment capabilities. In case we do touch the attachment feature of GC.  I will look into direct CR rather than pass by file storage.

As for working in CR I have to put it in a bit lower priority.  Although I think I can kill 3 birds in one stone... I think.  Ham has even started to create the first few automated scripts!  Don't worry we will have atleast a few procs.... by end of the month.  Hey a few procs is a good start :)

Collapse
Posted by Windell Dubois on
Greetings from Guatemala Don!!
Could you help me indicating me where I can find info on the content repository, Ive been reading the wp presentations you gave here at Galileo University, but I dont seem to be able to understand.  When I started working on my personalized glossary, I created it as a structure that was independent from the Content Repository (CR), still, I made sure that I would be able to use the permissions system provided by OpenACS.  I knew that the original glossary package was CR related so I would like to learn some more about it in order to actually start being helpful, instead of just making custom fixes for the things that I need. Thanks!
Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Windell, I think the best CR docs right now are for the package themselves, and maybe the ones on rubick.com: http://rubick.com:8002/openacs