Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Ybos Content Managemnet errors

Collapse
Posted by Paul Doerwald on

I don't actually have a computer with the OpenACS available (been working with Oracle mostly), so I can't test anything that you're pointing to.

Anyway, standard line applies: It Worked For Me. A few things of note that are jumping out at me:

• You're using the /cm/*.tcl code to add files. Try using the /admin/cm/*.tcl code instead. I worked a lot more on that code. For Furfly's production purposes, I actually deleted the /cm/* tree. If you use the admin stuff as your benchmark for what works, you'll probably have more luck. Anything that's causing an error in the user stuff can probably be replaced verbatim by code in the admin section.
  • The regexp's you cited are different. One said: regexp {([^//]+)$} $upload... and the other said: regexp {([^/]+)$} $upload... Note there's a backslash instead of a slash in the second one. Again, look to the admin version to see what's actually right. Using the admin code, I was able to upload many files and different versions without problem.
  • The problem you had with the Ns_PgExec error on the file-schedule-3.tcl code doesn't make much sense. Janine didn't say which version of the pgdriver Furfly was using, so perhaps the problem is there. (Doubtful). It's likely my bug, actually, because I never spent much time on file-schedule. Once I got it to work, I laid it to rest, because like Janine said, we didn't need it.

I suspect, by looking at the error (and not having the code in front of me) that the cm.sql file didn't execute properly, and you're missing the column called lob. describe the relevant table, and check that it conforms with what's described in cm.sql.

See if any of these suggestions help. Hopefully they will. If they don't, hopefully by then I'll have my computer back from the brink again :).