Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN Gardens

Collapse
11: Re: .LRN Gardens (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Bruce,

We need a champion for this for the long haul.  For starters we need someone and somewhere to put all the defined ids and classes for OpenACS.  I use already a few of my own.  And Jeff Davis may have some other ideas.  I already use a css form template and list template used by the form builder and list builder.

What we need is a coordinator and champion for this.  Here is a first hand example.  A real one.

I am about to work at news, bookmarks and general comments.  One of the things I need to do is to make it more xhtml and use css.  I might not be possible to do it 100%, but its a good start.  And these changes has a good chance of being put back to oacs.  The question is for me as a developer.  What do I use.  Have a set of my own classes and ids already.  Lets take for example the error in a form.

I use the following css.

div.formtemplate div.oneelement label.witherror

What if another developer use something similar but a little different.

div.formtemplate div.field label.error

Both are semantically the same.  But since we are a little different our form XHTML will be slightly different.  So we can't interchange the styles.

But the above can be avoided if there is someone or a doc to look up to.  That is one thing we really need.

I think I will follow the css guideline docs even if it says

#login-box

But what I really have is #login-area