Forum OpenACS Q&A: Thank you for OpenACS 5.0 ...

Collapse
Posted by Karl Thiessen on
To all of the developers who answered my questions back in September and October, I wish to say thank you again.  I'm running 5.03 now and am very, very happy with it.

Waiting for the release turned out to be the right thing to do -- I've had many fewer hassles and most of those have been due to my own mistakes.

Again, to everyone, but especially to Don, Dave, and Lars, thank you.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Thanks so much!  Do you have a running site we can go peek at?
Collapse
Posted by Steve Manning on
I think you should pat yourselves on the back for being one of the best OSS project communities around both in term of friendlyness and effciency. Like a lot of people who aren't involved in the 'core', I have questions which may appear trivial, dumb or have been covered before but I've never had a belittling reply (you should try being on the JBoss lists). Someone in the community always takes the time to come back with an appropriate answer even if its an OT question.

Thanks guys - now has anyone any idea what I can get my wife for her birthday?

- Steve

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Well ... a good friend of mine's a custom jewler and he's in his post-holiday/pre-wedding season slump right now ... :)
Collapse
Posted by Karl Thiessen on
Don --

Click on my community profile -- my test and development server is listed there.  It's not live yet (some of the content is missing), but it's running.

Feel free to register if you like.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hey, glad to see you're concentrating on the non-profit sector ... making technology like this available to that world is one of the major reasons I helped start this project in the first place.