Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Release plans for 5.1 (feature freeze 22 Feb!)

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
It looks like Peter's closed that last bug

Also I want to work on fixing bugs for beta (I fixed a new bug that would've been an alpha blocker a few days ago) but have felt like we should concentrate on pushing this alpha out the door ... is it time, now?

Having an Oracle server at Collaboraid will be great.  Also Dirk, who knows Oracle much better than me (a situation I want to encourage!), has kindly volunteered to look into ripping out the remaining Java code in OpenACS/Oracle so it will run on Oracle/Mac OS X ... that will help several of us in our Oracle bug fixing and development efforts.  Well, at least one of us - me! :)

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Also Dirk, who knows Oracle much better than me (a situation I want to encourage!), has kindly volunteered to look into ripping out the remaining Java code in OpenACS/Oracle so it will run on Oracle/Mac OS X ... that will help several of us in our Oracle bug fixing and development efforts. Well, at least one of us - me! :)

I can only second that. At least this would be a good reason to finally install Oracle on my Powerbook.

Collapse
17: Re: Ripping out Java (response to 15)
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
OK, I started ripping out Java. My main issue is that I don't know how to test the whole thing...I can submit a patch to the bugtracker and some CR wizard takes a look at it.

There are a few Java packages remaining in acs-content-repository/sql/oracle/packages-create.sql and we could just make them dummy pl/sql functions that return foo and I start reimplementing the *necessary* pl/sql code.

Don (or someone else for that matter): is the Java in Oracle code *really* used in OpenACS? It somehow looks so unused.