Forum OpenACS Development: Re: i18n of content repository content

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

I guess using child relationship should bind it more, that indeed a content was translated from this source content.  So I will go with your point and Dave's point of using child relationships.

I am not sure if i18n of data related to content items if its within CR or not.  But I believe it should be within CMS context.  For example an article will be made of different parts, one part of it is the author (name, title, etc.)  Naturally the author can have more than one article.  So authors will have its own table.  The question is when we pull up a German article, the other data about the author must be in German.  To top it of, a different set of people will be managing the articles and the authors.  Any hints what is the best way to do it will be appreciated.  It maybe possible whatever learned from this project may help OpenACS.

Your suggestion of a non versioned items is helpful.  Although we all know we have been trying to get this, I am not sure if we are prepared to undertake such a big task for this project.