Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Postgres Problem -again

Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
Sorry, but I don't have ecommerce set-up on my machine.  Other people have used the ecommerce module without reporting problems similar to yours, so I doubt that I would be able to recreate it by entering random data.

When you first noticed the problem when deleting from a .tcl script did you look in the aolserver log file for any error messages?

Looking at the ecommerce data model, I see that it is refereneced from: 1) ec_product_user_class_prices 2) ec_product_recommendations 3) ec_user_class_user_map 4) ec_spam_log.  Do any of those four tables contains data?  Based on the fact that you were able to delete from the table with all of the referential integrity triggers dropped, I'm sure that you are looking at some kind of problem with referential integrity.  I think you need to focus on one table such as ec_user_classes and see if you can isolate the problem down to a particular referential integrity constraint trigger.  Each of the four tables mentioned above will add a constraint trigger to ec_user_classes, and you need to see if you can isolate it to one of those triggers.