Forum OpenACS Development: Copenhagen Bug Bash/5.1 status report

Thanks to the dozen hardy volunteers and powered by the Scandinavian Bug-fixing Engine Room of Jarkko Laine and Peter Marklund, we reduced the number of 5.1.0 beta-blocking bugs from over 50 to 21. The milestone criteria call for a maximum of 15 open and resolved (fixed but untested) Pri 2 bugs to reach β; since all but 6 of the outstanding bugs are now resolved instead of open and since the other criteria are solid, OpenACS 5.1 has entered the beta-testing stage. Please help ship 5.1 by attending to your bugs, including verifying and closing bugs that we fixed.

Our format was pretty straightforward - we had a conference room with wireless and wired access, a test server, and a stack of printed bugs. Interested parties split out into "breakout sessions" for CSSification, a presentation of the .KUL concept, and demonstrations of OpenACS sites.

We are now looking for hosts for May and June bug bashes. If we can nail down space well in advance, more people will be able to make travel plans. In particular, it would be great to get some more developers who use OpenACS (as opposed to developing it) to show us some of the different sites that you are building with the toolkit. It would also be nice if some people who *use* sites built on OpenACS/.LRN could attend, in which case we could do some usability testing and prototyping.

Collapse
Posted by C. R. Oldham on
<blockquote> looking for hosts
</blockquote>

Is the intent to continue to have these in Europe?

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
I will host one in London in June (exact date TBA). June in London is nice.
Collapse
Posted by Denis Barut on
Joel,

First, thank you for the wonderful organisation for the copenhagen bugbash  (all the collaboraid team).

As we mention during this two days, Geneva could be the place to be in May (if we want to stay in Europe). May in Geneva is also nice.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Denis, is it confirmed that we are meeting 22/23rd of May in Geneva or do you plan to have it during the pentecost weekend 29/30th of May.
Collapse
Posted by Bruce Spear on
I am pleased to report that I've gotten my new personal openacs site up and running and including a dozen photos from the Bash, at:

http://160.45.16.100:5000/dotlrn-gardens/photo-album/

Enjoy!

Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Price on
Joel,

What is the .KUL concept? I'm not familiar with it...

Collapse
Posted by Bruce Spear on
Sorry about the link to the photos not working, everything but port 80 got firewalled by my ISP at the end of last week,  and as soon as I figure out how to get the virtual name server feature working on aolserver4 I'll get them online and  add the new link here.  Thanks!

Bruce