Forum OpenACS Q&A: Forums messed up??

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

It looks like posts to current threads is messed up. I got about ten messages from the same person, similar subjects, but posted onto different threads.

I thought the guy was spamming the list, but when I checked the actual threads, his messages were not there. Worse: I hadn't received the actual messages.

It looks like the posts are going to the wrong thread? The thread is still marked as the most recently modified, but the messages are not there. When mail goes out the wrong message is being sent.

I know one other person got a similar batch of messages, so it isn't just me.

This is a new thread, so it should get out correctly.

Collapse
2: Re: Forums messed up?? (response to 1)
Posted by Jeff Davis on
It was some guy posting by hand into forums. I deleted the posts but did not bother to fix the last modified times.

He subsequently sent the same message to pgsql-general, ravi jasuja, webmaster at openacs.org, and bug-coreutils at gnu.org and possibly others.

If there is a bug its mostly with the brain of someone who thinks the best way to get a question answered is to ask it about 15 times in quick succession in the wrong venues.

Of course we could leave a placeholder for the deleted messages and we could fix the last modified date when a message is deleted but ofg course such fixes won't show up on openacs.org until we move to 5.x.