Forum .LRN Q&A: Can anyone help with bug 1695

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
There is a critical bug in the news package (you can't create a news item with a postgres database).  It is a blocking issue on the .LRN site (and also renders the packages completely useless).  I've been looking at it for an hour or so and since I don't know postgres, it is going extremely slow (I had to start with how to log in). I'm afraid it will take too much more time as I'm working on the 2.0.3 release and the .LRN site.  Would anyone be willing to look at it?

https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/com/news/bug?bug%5fnumber=1695

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Tracy,

Is this an upgrade or a new install?

I installed dotlrn on OpenACS 5.1 checkout yesterday and I just tested this and it seems to work fine.

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
It is on the dotlrn.org site. I believe it is .LRN 2.0.2 on OpenACS OpenACS 5.0.4.  Let me check with Carl...

Thank you,
Tracy

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
News should create a cr_item called news with parent_id=NULL when it is installed. The folder is not found, and its trying to put the news item into the -100 folder instead.

It looks like the news package correctly creates this folder on install for postgresql and oracle.

It might be that there is something on this particular site that is the problem.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Site is based on a default install of 2.0.1. Maybe it will go away when we upgrade to 2.0.3.

After a chat with Lars I have decided (once again) to use Weblogger for site news so this is no long a blocker for the site.

Thanks for taking a look at it Tracy.