Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: New .LRN Web Site

Collapse
9: Re: New .LRN Web Site (response to 1)
Posted by Bruce Spear on
Good work!

What are the plans for content, and how might I/we contribute?

I'm thinking: if this is going to be the front door to institutions new to .LRN, isn't this where we assemble our marketing/presentation materials?  If so, I'd like to see an explanation of what makes .LRN .LRN. so I might refer to it every time I am asked for more information about it. I'm sure others have thought this question through already, so, let's hear it so we might start contributing.

For instance, I've finally gotten that video of Carl beaming into Berlin from Cambridge last October.  It has got to be one of the most compelling presentations around.  If others think it might be useful, I'd like to cut it up into downloadable pieces and make that available.

On that note, as a number of us have been making vision statements, and as these are about an open source community finding its way, and as this manner of collective work is central to .LRN's design and user/marketing advantage -- how might we find a way to get some of this onto this site?

Finally, as one of the resident photographers, I'd suggest we replace the photos of individual instructors -- which I think relevant to instructor-oriented lms systems -- with those showing group or community interaction.  I made a couple of photos showing group discussion in Copenhagen over the weekend, and which I'll put on line today.  I'm wondering if others have some images, and while we are at it, maybe forming an ad hoc image committee to collect such things.

I hope these comments may prove helpful!

Bruce