Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS and Database Locks - Conflict?

Collapse
Posted by Samer Abukhait on
Well...

I Guess AOL Server and Linux themselves are not accused in this case, top shows a normal server behavior during the hang..

Here’s the server threads settings any how:
        ns_param        maxconnections          20
        ns_param        maxdropped              0
        ns_param        maxthreads              10
        ns_param        minthreads              0
        ns_param        threadtimeout          120

This type of problem happens very rarely, and more clearly, when there is a big count of users (400+) using the web-end for “Writing”.

Scheduled Procedures run normally when the above condition disappears... Also, when users are purely reading from the web, I’ve got no problem also.

My other OpenACS is accessing the other oracle application schemas. And during the hang, mostly, the locked tables are those of the other schemas.

A question out of this scope... Does anybody test Oracle 10G with OpenACS??

I am playing around to test the compatibility, 10G sounds great, but I am having some weird things also.
I don’t exactly know why the new 10G enterprise manager shows NO locks list anymore...
Anyhow, I am a having a High CPU consumption by the nsd process after a while running AOL Server 4.01 Over 10G, Still can’t figure why...

But I’ll sure have more clues in while

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Your AOLserver thread settings are wrong. To start with try setting minthreads to 10 (same as your maxthreads) and threadtimeout to 60*60 or so. If you do that your problem will go away. See this thread for more info.