Forum OpenACS Q&A: Size limits in file storage and photo-album

Finally, found time to rebuild my server after it crapped out doing an upgrade from suse 8 to 9, then having so many problems configuring suse 9 that I scrapped it and went with fedora core 1. Quite pleased with it. Anyway, I finished my oacs install with 5.04, aolserver 4 and pg 7.42 without many problems that couldn't be easily figured out. Fedora and RH9 innards are pretty much identical as I understand it. Problem I'm encountering is with a limit to file size when uploading photos to photo-album and files to file storage. It seems files up to 1 mb are ok but anything over causes the server to error out with file not found for the respective -add-2.tcl pages. Is there a global variable somewhere that I'm missing? I changed the file-storage parameter to 20 mb but didn't see any corresponding parameter in photo album. Is this related to bug 1089? I didn't encounter the same problem on my last install on Suse 8 with oacs 5.01 and aolserver3.13ad~. Any suggestions where to start looking on this one - server log doesn't have much. Where does one find the error log on aolserver 4? Thanks a bunch for your help.
Collapse
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Brad,

the limited is imposed by AOLserver 4.x. See https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=161698

/Bart

Collapse
Posted by Brad Ford on
Thanks Bart!

Missed that one on my search. Worked like a charm with a quick config.tcl edit adding a line to nssock parameters: ns_param maxinput 20000000 + an aolserver restart. Should I post in bugtracker to add it to the docs somewhere?

Collapse
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Sure