Forum OpenACS Q&A: Can I create virtual links to package instances from different urls?

Hi all,
is it possible to create virtual links to package instances that exists under site map. For instance from /learning to the existing node /dotlrn?
Greetings,
Nima
I believe there is a redirect package you could install, and have it redirect to dotlrn.

You could also create a package that has a .vuh file that internally redirects to dotlrn.

What do you mean with virtual link? Should calling it result in an http redirect to the new url? Or should it return the same content as the original url would have? For the former case you can use the 'redirect' package, for the latter just mount your package again using the site-map. I don't know if that works with dotlrn though, it might still depend on being mounted under /dotlrn/.
It should return the same content as the original url but without remounting the original.
And should the url keep displaying /learning/ or should it switch to /dotlrn/ ?

What would be the harm of remounting? In essence that would have the effect of setting up an index.vuh.

actually my thought was to offer the same content from another node and experiment with the permission settings but I guess that won't work anyway due to collision with the settings of the original node, right? What I want to do is sort of make deeper pages that are not sensitive accessible to public as well like calendar view but remove the html links so that it is view mode only...something like a sneak preview.