Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Help Needed in Setting up .LRN to Scale

Posted by Janine Ohmer on
I have put up a preliminary statspack report here:

It contains not quite four hours of data so it's not exactly a definitive report, but it's a start.

I only looked it over briefly and didn't make it all the way through (I have a meeting to go to) but the only thing that jumped out at me is that the memory usage in the shared pool is very low. It was 39% when I checked it last week so I cut down the shared pool almost in half, and it has only made it up to 40%. Obviously some more trimming could be done here (80% utilization is ideal) but we're only talking about roughtly 130 MB at this point so it's not enough to make a huge difference.

I'm not paying a huge amount of attention to the lists of slow SQL because the application is very nearly uniformly slow. We know that performance of .LRN sites is not always this bad, so I think we should be looking for more global problems and not getting bogged down in tuning individual queries (yet).

If anyone spots anything I missed or has a different interpretation, please let me know!