Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Cannot work out what I've done wrong.

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
OK everyone - thank you very much for your input.

It turns out that this is in fact a bug in that the photo album procs in the new version of photo-album do not refer to the ImageMagickPath parameter. They simply call identify and convert like this :

exec identify blah blah

They should call like this :

exec [ad_parameter ImageMagickPath]/identify blah blah

This may explains why Barry was able to work around it by setting 'PATH' in the caller's environment however I am not clear why the call didn't work on my system when /usr/X11R6/bin was in the PATH for all users!

It also clarifies the log error which was complaining that it couldn't find Image Magick after all. I could have tried setting the parameter until the cows came home - no code was referring to it!

I will post this as a bug but in case others follow the error to this thread, the procs affected are :

pa_make_new_image
pa_file_info
pa_load_images
pa_rotate

These are to be found in photo-album-procs.tcl - you will need to do a search and replace for all calls to either 'identify' or 'convert' (I think there are five changes to do).

Remember to re-start your server after modifying the procs files (or set package manager to reload the photo album package files after the modifications).

Regards
Richard

Collapse
Posted by russ m on
This may explains why Barry was able to work around it by setting 'PATH' in the caller's environment however I am not clear why the call didn't work on my system when /usr/X11R6/bin was in the PATH for all users!

Just because your user shells all have a particular PATH set doesn't nescessarily mean daemons will also have the same PATH - it depends on how and where it's set, and how the daemons are being started. Try executing env get PATH in an nscp or a simple debug page, and see if the value returned is what you expect it to be...