Forum OpenACS Q&A: Portals fix: requires alteration of portal_table_page_map data model

My suggestion for a solution to the problem with page mappings "disappearing" from portal_table_page_map (when more than one user or group attempts to manage a portal) is to do two alterations on portal_table_page_map:
alter table portal_table_page_map add map_group_id integer;
alter table portal_table_page_map add map_user_id integer;
and then, in both /portals/manage-portal-2.tcl and /portals/admin/manage-portal-2.tcl, add the appropriate filter (on map_user_id = $user_id in /portals/manage-portal-2.tcl, and on map_group_id = $group_id in /portals/admin/manage-portal-2.tcl) to the two delete statements near the end of the file in question.

The comment lines for the delete statements I'm referring to read as follows:

# delete all tables
    # delete tables that didn't appear in our list (hence they were
javascript-deleted)
To the best of my knowledge, this solution does not require any changes to manage-portal.tcl in either directory.

However -- and I almost forgot this -- you also need to change the insert into portal_table_page_map statements to reflect the new data model (adding map_user_id or map_group_id to the insert statement, as appropriate). Here's the example from /portals/manage-portal-2.tcl:

insert into portal_table_page_map
           (table_id, page_id, sort_key, page_side, map_user_id)
                    values
           ($table_id, $page_id, $sort_key, 'r',$user_id)
THERE ARE TWO ITERATIONS OF THIS INSERT IN EACH FILE (one for the right, and one for the left). Also, in the /portals/admin version of the file, make sure you use map_group_id and $group_id in place of map_user_id and $user_id.

Hopefully this is sufficiently clear for anyone who wants to fix their portals module. Please let me know if I've missed something...