Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: aolserver4

Collapse
10: Re: aolserver4 (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
Glad to hear that I can ignore these warnings.

No warnings can be confusing to. I followed the docs and installed PG7.4.2 the "Safe" way from source. No errors occured. But to my surprise "psql -V" returned 7.2.2 (installed by the RH8 distribution...) Did I do something wrong or should I just move /usr/local/psql/bin before /usr/bin/ in the PATH (in ~postgres/.bashrc)?

Actually, nspostgres did compile with "make install POSTGRES=/usr/local/pgsql ACS=1 INST=/usr/local/aolserver" instead of "INST=/usr/local/aolserver40r2". I think this should be changed in the docs.
But it didn't solve the following warnings:

[root@localhost nspostgres]# make install POSTGRES=/usr/local/pgsql ACS=1 INST=/usr/local/aolserver     
gcc -pipe -DBIND_EMULATION -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -DFOR_ACS_USE -O -D__NO_STRING_INLINES -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -Wall -Wconversion -Wno-implc
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
nspostgres.c: In function `Ns_PgTableList':
nspostgres.c:679: warning: passing arg 3 of `Tcl_DStringAppend' as signed due to prototype
nspostgres.c: In function `encode3':
nspostgres.c:749: warning: passing arg 1 of `enc_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c:750: warning: passing arg 1 of `enc_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c:751: warning: passing arg 1 of `enc_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c:752: warning: passing arg 1 of `enc_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c: In function `decode3':
nspostgres.c:772: warning: passing arg 1 of `get_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c:773: warning: passing arg 1 of `get_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c:774: warning: passing arg 1 of `get_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c:775: warning: passing arg 1 of `get_one' with different width due to prototype
nspostgres.c: In function `stream_actually_write':
nspostgres.c:864: warning: passing arg 3 of `write' as unsigned due to prototype
nspostgres.c: In function `blob_send_to_stream':
nspostgres.c:980: warning: `fd' might be used uninitialized in this function
nspostgres.c:982: warning: `conn' might be used uninitialized in this function
nspostgres.c: In function `parse_bind_variables':
nspostgres.c:1211: warning: unused variable `first_bind'
nspostgres.c: In function `PgBindCmd':
nspostgres.c:1327: warning: unused variable `value_frag_len'
/bin/rm -f nspostgres.so
gcc -pipe -shared -nostartfiles -L/usr/local/aolserver/lib -o nspostgres.so nspostgres.o -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq -lnsdb -lnsthread -lnsd b
/usr/local/aolserver/bin/install-sh -c nspostgres.so /usr/local/aolserver/bin/
[root@localhost nspostgres]#
These warnings didn't seem harmless. So I recompiled postgresql7.4.2. with "--srcdir=/usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.2" and moved away all dirs from 7.2.2. like /usr/lib/pgsql, /usr/share/pgsql and files like /usr/bin/pg_*,psql and /usr/include/pg_* This is probably not the right way but I didn't find good docs how to eliminate a PG installation. Is anybody aware of any?

Anyhow, postmaster seems to start fine from the correct directory but the installation problems with nspostgres don't disappear. There is only one error I saw during 7.4.2. "make all".

In file included from preproc.y:6330:
pgc.c: In function `yylex':
pgc.c:1436: warning: label `find_rule' defined but not used
/usr/include/ctype.h: At top level:
pgc.c:3417: warning: `yy_flex_realloc' defined but not used
Any suggestions why nspostgres would give these errors?