Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Lots of tcl_url2file request processor errors in log file

Ouch, something got trashed, yes, I'd worry.  If it happens again I'd add diagnostic code to see why tcl_url2file("/") fails.  The array caching the information got hosed somehow.

You were running in performance mode?  actually "/directorynamehere/" sounds suspicious, where does that come from?  Which package?

As far as PG vs. Oracle goes ... I haven't noticed drastic differences between the two.  Memory usage in PG should mostly be determined by your PG configuration parameters.  Speed should be roughly comparable for a wide range of operations.

Make sure you ANALYZEd your tables.

Of course you give two reasons why it might be your fault not PG's fault and I suspect you may be on to something :)

Don wrote:

Ouch, something got trashed, yes, I'd worry. If it happens again I'd add diagnostic code to see why tcl_url2file("/") fails. The array caching the information got hosed somehow.

Ouch, those are all over our log file as well. Since they were always there, I assumed it was just a matter of a cache miss being logged the first time a url was requested.

Checking, I see 8000 occurences this morning, with 3000 different urls.

I just realized now that the error message is sometimes

no such element in array

which should be normal for a cache miss, and sometimes

no such variable

which seems BAD.

I might be totally off the mark here - since I don't really understand the inner workings of the request processor.