Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Lots of tcl_url2file request processor errors in log file / performance issues

Re: tcl_url2file errors:
------------------

Thank you all, for your comments. I always appreciate feedback.

I turned off performance mode and restarted, and the error messages went away.

Re: performance on Postgres
------------------------

I think these were mostly due to poor coding. While porting, my main focus was on getting things working, and quickly. There was so much to do, and the deadline was so inflexible, that I didn't have the time to worry about optimization.

Now I'm tackling the largest problems, and the response time on these pages has gone down significantly. So hierarchical queries is not the problem.

Actually, the system load may may not due to be those pages at all, but queries that get hung for some reason. Every day this week, I've looked at the monitoring page:

/acs-admin/monitor

and found that there are queries that are hanging. I'm not sure why it keeps happening, or what is causing it. It does look like it is happening on two pages in project-manager, both of which use list-builder, and have fairly expensive queries.

Conn#       IP       State       Method       URL       # Seconds       Bytes

167     63.225.86.72     running     GET     /intranet/project-manager/index     10825.447178     -186

1326     192.168.1.57     running     GET     /intranet/project-manager/tasks     198.430493     -180

1361     64.122.45.238     running     GET     /acs-admin/monitor     0.72462     0

How could something be returning negative bytes?