Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Future directions for OpenACS

Collapse
Posted by Michael A. Cleverly on
Adam, pretending to be Ben, wrote:
"I think that the unease that many of you are feeling is due to a decreased degree of transparency with the development process at aD. That is, in ye olden days, philip, jin tracy, et al, would be constantly blabbing on the bboards, keeping you up to date with the latest ACS minutae. This is no longer the case; the majority of the developers working on ACS don't seem to post as frequently as the old-timers. This may be due to personal choice, or to the severe time constraints that they are under , or because of some other reason that i'm not aware of."
I think you've probably hit the nail right on the head here. It's also kind of ironic that the only time (to date) Mr. Allen Shaheen, CEO of ArsDigita, has posted to any of the bboards is to answer the prennial "Where's Philip" questions.

A simillar "longing" for more direct, involved communication also lies at the heart of the recent brouhaha on the AOLserver developers list, in my opinion. (For instance, Jim Davidson doesn't ruffle feathers like Kriston does.)

Anyway, I look forward to the upcoming announcements.