Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Forums Review by the UAB

Collapse
Posted by Deirdre Kane on
Talli,

I am sorry to offend you or anyone else in the community and  I resent your implication that the UAB is insensitive, but I'm sure you didn't intend to be hurtful with your comments.  We are working very hard to integrate ourselves into this community in useful and constructive ways.  We are absolutely, positively not interested in causing any divisions within the community over small things like what wordprocessing software people use to get through their workdays.  Certainly this public flogging is a lesson for us all.  From now on, I and the UAB will be sure to 1) post things in PDF or 2) post the entire text of all docs within a posting (thank you, Carl).  The UAB was eager to get our "report" out there in time for Heidelberg and I sent Tracy the documents in Microsoft formats - without thinking, of course.  Whether I like it or not, Microsoft Office is the MIT/Sloan supported software, so that is what I use.  Interestingly enough, as a member of this community, I have never seen a posting of rules and requirements that states that I cannot use Microsoft products; I guess it's one of those unspoken rules no one told me about.

Mea culpa, but today is a new day.
DeeDee