Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Header size

Collapse
6: Re: Header size (response to 1)
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
I noticed that there was much greater consistency in OpenACS 5.0.4 than there was in 4.6.3 in terms of the application of style sheets throughout the modules.

Having recently been converted on the road to Damascus wholesale to style sheets, I found customising the site to be much much quicker than in previous versions.

This is a trend that definitely gets my vote. I hope that it gradually spreads further through the code until eventually there are no formatting html tags at all (barring the occasional sneaky <b></b> and similar) in a default OpansACS. In particular we will benefit from the elimination of the use of the table model for laying out the output from modules such as news, faq, ecommerce, photo-album, etc. This change can take place gradually and the end result will be really nice clean page code.

We could end up with a site master '.css', and the option of a subsite master '.css' for each subsite which between them determine the position, layout and formatting of every object in the OpenACS and allows for diversity amongst the subsites.