Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Error running OpenACS 4.6.3 upgrade queries

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Looking throught the files it seems that the original view was acs_privilege_descendant_map. In the install script for OpenACS 4.6.3 Dan Wickstrom has restructured the datamodel to improve performance by creating acs_privilege_descendant_map as a table and generating acs_privilege_descendant_map_view.

There are two upgrade scripts - one from 4.6 to 4.6.1 and then one from 4.6.1 to 4.6.3.

The new view acs_privilege_descendant_map_view is created in the first upgrade script. The second upgrade script then drops this view so that it can re-create it.

The most obvious conclusion therefore is that it is the 'drop view' command in the second upgrade script that is failing because the view does not exist. This would be consistent with the first upgrade script not having executed at all.

Looking through the output into the browser I can see no evidence of the upgrade-4.6-4.6.1.sql script having been executed, the only entries are from the 4.6.1 to 4.6.3 script.

How do I tell the package manager to run the first script before running the second? (I could copy and paste its contents but I don't want to have this happen in other packages as well). I feel sure that there will be an elegant way to do this.

Regards
Richard