Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Which branch should dotlrn be on?

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
I just updated the OpenACS page https://openacs.org/4/checkout on how to get a working dev checkout of dotlrn.  I believe th e answer to Aldert's question is, use oacs-5-0 if you are working on .LRN 2.0.x, and use oacs-5-1 if you are working on .LRN 2.1.x.  This applies to both aliases, acs-core and dotlrn-all.

What I'm not clear on is, how the next dotlrn release should be tagged.  Should the dotlrn-2-0-4-final tag apply to all of the packages?  Or just to dotlrn-all, which will still mean that calender et al will start accumulating dotlrn-x-y-z-final tags.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
My opinion, the dotlrn-2-0-4-final tag should apply to everything that is officially in the dotlrn tarball.

That way, we will know that what was released as the dotlrn tarball corresponds exactly to the tag.  Also, you will be able to get a given version of dotlrn with just one checkout.

People who really want to can mix and match - ie, check out a later version of acs-core on top of a given version of dotlrn.  But they will be more advanced users and more likely to know what they are doing.