Forum OpenACS Q&A: Volunteer job: Maintain "current projects" page

If you are an OpenACS user who is not currently active in the community but would like to be, please consider a few ways you could contribute:

Current Projects list maintainer. There is a lot of active OpenACS work going on at any moment, but it's hard to tell exactly what, even if you read the forums regularly. There are several different pages on OpenACS.org that describe projects, but it isn't clear which ones are active, abandoned, completed, or wishful thinking. We would benefit from a single, actively maintained list of current projects, including:

• Generally accepted name for the project
  • Names of participants
  • Status: (in planning, in development, waiting for funding, completed)
  • Link to more information
  • next milestone date
I think we can do all this with Edit This Page on OpenACS.org, possible using the existing pages. The duties of a project list maintainer would be:
  • Create a list page, based on existing but unmaintained pages
  • Verify that status of each active project and collect and publish data described above
  • Update the list weekly to monthly, including pestering the participants for updates.
  • Follow the forums to 1) point new questioners to the projects as appropriate and 2) identify possible new projects and invite them to have a project entry.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi Joel,

I would like to volonteer for this one. I have plenty of time.

Ben

I've given you admin access to ETP for the Main Site; I don't know if this cascades down to the rest of ETP or not.  Let me know if you need anything else.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi Joel,

Thanks. For your info, this does not limit my access rights to just the project section. Don't wory. I won't touch anything else 😉

Cheers
Ben

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
o yeah,

Could you mount a weblogger to add to the project page?
Thanks
Ben

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
I couldn't help wandering over to https://openacs.org/community/sites/  I noticed a couple of listings by companies that don't seem to have any involvement with OACS. It may be wise to clean up the page.
On a diffent note, it would be usefull to change the ETP format so contributions are displayed A-Z instead of date of entry. Should I report a feature request in bugtracker or is this allready solved?

Thanks

Ben

Weblogger won't be available on openacs.org until the upgrade is finished.  Dunno about ETP sorting A-Z.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Ok, I'll rig up a workaround until that time.

Ben

Ben

The sites listed are running OpenACS. I don't see any reason to require them to advertise to be listed. I looked a few months ago and did not see any sites that were not running OpenACS.

We have asked in the past that companies listed do link back to OpenACS and have some indication on their web site that they can setp OpenACS for their clients.

It would be great if the OP could edit their OpenACS-related website listings so we could remove old sites and update active sites.