Forum OpenACS Q&A: Open Source Knowledge Management Module

Here at Civilution we are working on a knowledge management module in the flavor of the Sharenet system described in this case study and in this wimpypoint presentation.

At present we have a rough datamodel and a basic set of user interface pages. (It gets really fun when you have a complete set of admin pages.)

I am interested if anyone else is interested in playing with a system such as this and would like an opportunity to play with the code before we do an alpha release? (note: it does require the ArsDigita Templating System).

Cheers,

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
This is cool.  I'd like to play with something once it's fairly well along.  I'm sure I'm not alone...
Collapse
Posted by Michael Feldstein on
I'm extremely interested in this, although I do not have the capability to install it myself.
I'd like to take a look at this, if only because I'm always interested
in KM systems. Thanks! Think it'd work in ACS4? I don't an
OpenACS installation running...
It probably wouldn't work straight out of the box in acs4x, since we use boolean and text datatypes.  Though if you copied our scripts you would be way ahead.

I am glad to see that there is some interest, I will be showing our demo off to our clients tomorrow, then try to put together somekind of public sandbox/available source code.

cheers,

Collapse
Posted by Mohan Pakkurti on
I am quite interested also. Maybe even look at the code when it is available to the public...
Collapse
Posted by Mohan Pakkurti on
So, what is the current status of this KM effort.

I am interested in the km features, as described in the case study, and it would be great to play with, even if it is in alpha or beta form!?!