Forum OpenACS Q&A: Best way to configure/modify ecommerce module for manual CC procedures

I'm deploying the ecommerce module for a non-US client that will be
doing credit card clearance with a local clearing house. The process
will be manual.

What is the least disruptive way to unshackle the ecommerce module
from Cybercash? Ideally, all the scheduled procs, automatic mailings,
etc. would still run. I'm looking at the code now, and I see a few
places I can cut the links (e.g. ec_creditcard_authorization) but
thought I should ask for advice from anybody who's more familiar with
the ecommerce module first...

OK, I figured it out... just disable the scheduled procs that sweep through CyberCash tables, and force cc_result in ~/www/ecommerce/finalize-order.tcl to an authorized state. Looks like I'd have to write a few additional screens to allow people to step orders and items through the various ecommerce states too.
Edmund,

Could you provide more detail on exactly what you did?  I'm working on manual CC as well.

You need to comment most of the the ad_schedule_proc lines in ~/tcl/ecommerce-scheduled-procs.tcl. Then, force cc_result in ~/www/ecommerce/finalize-order.tcl to some state, such as:
 #set cc_result [ec_creditcard_authorization $db $order_id]
set cc_result "confirmed"
Then, build a few pages to allow humans to move the order from the confirmed state to the other follow-on states as shown in http://www.arsdigita.com/doc/design/ecommerce I didn't putting in the manual stuff since we backed-away from on-line sales for now. There are probably a few other things that need to be done to complete a manually-cleared system.
Oh, sorry... forgot to mention that you need to fiddle with a few other lines in ~/finalize-order.tcl to get the system to behave properly with a cc_result of "confirmed." When you look at the code, the changes needed will be obvious.