Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Problem uploading IMS package with LORS

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Also: (as far as I can tell) LORS sits on top of file storage and there is an upload limit that can be adjusted in the file storage applications parameters that might be causing you problems as well (you can use the site map to find the instance of file storage in the class/club in question). I think the default is set at 2MB (which reminds me of a question I have been meaning to ask: is there a way to adjust this parameter site wide for all instances of file storage?  a.k.a. recursive flag?).
Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Hi Carl,

Since most courses that are put together using LORS are usually bigger than 2MBs and changing the paremeters for a particular file-storage instance of class/community is rather cumbersome, I bypassed the file-storage parameter set by default at 2MBs.

So, yes LORS uses file-storage, but it doesn't take into account the file size upload limitation for practical reasons.

The reasoning behind this is that the only person authorized by default to upload courses is the class/community administrator/professor. And since the aim is to make it for him/her as easy as possible, I thought it was a good idea to skip this limitation. I hope that's fine with the rest.

Ernie