Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Need better sign-posting in openacs.org

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I do plan to post regular reports, and in fact posted my second semi-regular report yesterday.  I know the importance of making public  progress reports.  I know this without being told, so am not sure why  it is felt that a request for regular reports has fallen on deaf ears.

It would be nice if we had a little reporting tool so folks could post their reports on a regular basis which I could summarize.  It would be nice if such a tool would e-mail reminders to folks that they owe a weekly report 24 hours in advance.  At the moment I'm just pinging Ben and Dan and hope for answers.  I need to get something systematic going as our list of volunteers is now large.

Where should we post reports?  Should I keep posting them here?  That's been my plan but a separate status report "forum" would make it  easier for folks to track.  Mozilla has a web-based system that shows  weekly reports and tells you who hasn't reported, as well.

As far as switching to e-mail lists, I really don't know what to say.  Some folks like these forums, others don't.  Some folks like e-mail lists, others (including me) don't.  We're not going to please everyone.  Yes, it would be nice if folks could post here via e-mail.  This would let folks interact with the forum via browser or e-mail client depending on their personal preference.  I run a mailing list (the pacific northwest eco-forum) and belong to  several others, and they threaten to run my life.  Because of this, I've slowly developed a strong dislike of them.

Roberto, if you want to keep a "todo" list personally I think it would  be great.  We'd want that posted in a prominent place on the site.