Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Need better sign-posting in openacs.org

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Apology accepted, thanks.  You hit the nail on the head by stating your request hasn't fallen on deaf ears but rather busy hands.  Also, I spent a week in Florida and it took a couple days after my return to  get back in the swing of things.

We've been working hard to make the  decision-making process more open.  That will grow as we get experience working together as a team.

Ben, Dan Wickstrom and I did much of the ACS 3.x port so are used to working together already.  That's really the main reason we began work quietly amongst ourselves.  We were already a team.

Roberto did most of the doc work but that was more of an independent task not requiring coordination.  I am truly eager to work with our ever-growing group of  volunteers and hope we all feel like we're part of a well-functioning team by the time we're done with this project.

As far as the SDM and status reporting goes, the kind of enhancement I'd envision would be in essence to provide a link to status reports associated with modules and one to a page that builds a summary status  report for the project at large.  Don't know if I or anyone else will  have time to play with such a notion in the near future but some kind  of integration seems like a useful idea.

I'll try to come up with a short-term proposal for module porting status that doesn't require any such work, though.  Probably I'll just ask people to e-mail me and I'll put together a summary and post it here for the time being, until we have time to put together something more interesting and useful.

Yes, e-mail accessible bboards are a priority for many of this, there's no argument or disagreement in this regard.  It has been done for ACES.  I'll definitely be doing it for my own most active site in the next three months or so and would be thrilled if someone beat me to it so I could poach rather than write code...