Forum OpenACS Q&A: State of assessment package

Collapse
Posted by Esti Alvarez on
Hi!

I need to adapt the survey package to work as evaluation or auto-evaluation test, I mean, that each question in the survey has a "correct answer" associated so that at the end of the test the user can be told how many questions has he answered right and how many wrong.

I was going to start modifying the "complex survey" (which has already sectioning and branching capabilities) to implement what I need, but I've seen there is a great Assessment package planned which covers what I need and much more.

I was wondering what is the progress in this package. Is there somebody working on it or something similar? What do people recomend me to do?

Collapse
Posted by Eduardo Pérez on
The assessment package is not production ready yet.
It is meant to replace complex-survey in the future.
You can join us in development or specification revision.
Specs are at:
https://openacs.org/projects/openacs/packages/assessment/index
and development is ongoing on the assessment package in openacs.org CVS.
Collapse
Posted by Esti Alvarez on
I'd like to implement the functionality in a way that can be useful for the assesssment package, but I'm afraid I'm in a hurry and the package is not usable yet. I think I'll choose complex-survey instead and make little changes that will be enough for what I need now. If that is the case, I think this auto-evaluation capability might be useful for people already using surveys. If so, tell me and we can find together the best way of doing it