Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Javascript tree menu for bookmarks package

Collapse
Posted by Gabriel Burca on
I asked if I can include their javascript tree-menu in GPS software. Their response:

-----
Ticket Ref : 5170-ERTP-0150
Ticket Subject : Inclusion in GPL software

Reply:
You're allowed to use our free products in GPL licensed software.
-----

That should be sufficient for our purposes. I will setup a test server, or create a patch file, so other people can test it with some other browsers. If there are no objections, I will submit the new script in a few days.

Collapse
Correction, that was GPL software, not GPS software. I've been doing too much GPS work lately ...
Collapse
The new proposed javascripted bookmarks display is available for the next few days at:

http://web.burca.name:8002/bookmarks/

I tested it with a few of the browsers I have access to and it works. I don't have access to any Mac browsers so I can't tell if it works on those, but it should.

I've uploaded some sample bookmarks I found on the web for test purposes. Select the "view public bookmarks of registered users" link to see them and then go to the "Javascript" tab.

If you create a test account and upload bookmarks, be aware that there's currently an open bug which makes it look like the bookmark import has failed. To get around it, just start over from the index page after importing the bookmarks.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I like it and with their response I don't see us in trouble if we include it with Bookmarks in the CVS tree. But til this happens, where can I get your code :).