Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Big honkin' commit now available ...
8: Response to Big honkin' commit now available ... (response to 1)
Posted by Tom Jackson on 04/08/01 02:24 AM
I was able to install the data model into pg up to the "Completing Install" message, right after the skins package. I'm not sure if this is the official failure point, but here is how I got to that point.
- Download and install the most recent PostgreSQL Release Candidate (today: RC3) from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/.
- Refer to the steps in the previous post on downloading openacs-4 and installing the nsxml module.
- Download the pgdriver from SourceForge:
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/acs-pg login (press enter at the password prompt) cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/acs-pg co driver-2.3
- Edit the acs/aolserver configuration file to include the parameter for the psql binary file. This was mis-stated in a recent bboard posting. Here is what I used:
[ns/db/driver/postgres] datestyle=iso pgbin=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/
pgbinis the full path to your just installed psql binary. Remember to end the path with a slash.
- Startup your aolserver and visit the pageroot.