Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Request for advice from the OCT

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I just read through the Carnegie Mellon paper *again* and tried to understand how an implementation like this would help us with our internal branching needs and solve at the same time our generic "condition results in action" problem. I asked Timo to read through it as well. We did not come up with a solution at  the moment, especially taking into account that our generic condition results in action approach hits two flies with one stroke and there is not much sense to use SS for branching if it already works smoothly with an internal approach, unless I'm given a use case which mandates this (all use cases given so far can be solved by the way described a couple days back).

Therefore I will drop the issue of how the assessment should handle the use of SS and LORS internally from my part, as I need to follow up on other things as well. If people are interested in putting SS into assessment I'm open for detailed suggestions that provide an enhancement over the currently taken approach. If people are interested in storing items, sections and assessments in LORS, then I suggest to take a look on how assessment at the moment defines the items, sections and assessments itself and come up with an OpenACS solution on how to solve this with LORS.