Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to pg_dump 7.1RC2 problems

Collapse
Posted by Pascal Scheffers on
Ouch. Partially my mistake. The test I actually ran was: dump from 7.1, restore in 7.0. One of the pitfalls in a dual-pg system is that psql (correctly) doesn't warn you when you connect to 7.0, but pg_dump does. I think I will drop a feature request with the postgres team to dump a little bit more connection info for psql (or submit a patch). It would seem that restoring a dump from 7.1 to 7.0 works rather well 😉.  If you run this sed script agains the dump file: <pre>s/^SELECT setval [(]'"(.*)"/SELECT setval ('/g</pre>, the setval calls will event work... ordering is still a problem :(

Unfortunately, RC4 does not solve the ordering problems I still find that user_vacations_kludge, salary_divisor, salary_multiplier and im_projects_level do not exist (ordering problem).

If I understand the new dump format correctly, the OID in the comments before each entry is OID as it is in the DB. What is weird is that the 'create function OIDs' are _higher_ than the views, I haven't checked the load-data-model files yet, but it seems very unlikely to me that the views were originally defined before the SPs...

Still checking.